How can I book space during COVID-19?
The health and safety of our employees and guests is a top priority. We are happy to work with you and know every situation is different. Our Pod meeting rooms are ready to be booked on our Last Minute Bookings page. If you are looking for a date farther out or a larger guest count, please submit our event request form with more details + we will get back to you!
What precautions are you taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We have increased our cleanings between bookings, updated room capacities for social distancing, reconfigured our public workspace, and have created fewer touchpoints to name a few! Read our safety + reopening plan to learn about how we are innovating for a new normal.
Do I need to wear a mask/face covering in District Hall?
Face coverings required to be worn when entering the building, in the hallway, restrooms, check-in desk, and any other situations where six feet physical distancing cannot be met.
How will my event be different during COVID-19?
We have increased our safety measures and have limited the maximum occupancy for our rooms. We additionally ask all guests to comply with these changes:
- Enter District Hall through our entrance located at 75 Northern Ave.
- Visit our check-in desk to complete our contactless check-in process, powered by Tapple
- Exit the building through our doors located in the back of the building by Seaport Blvd.
- Face coverings are to be worn when entering the building, in the hallway, restrooms, check-in desk, and any other situations where six feet physical distancing cannot be met
- Make use of the hand sanitizers provided in the room + wash hands when using the restroom
- When possible, it is recommended that room doors are left open to improve ventilation
- Remove or dispose of any items brought into the space at the conclusion of the booking, including personal belongings and trash
Availability + Booking
What is District Hall? What does my event support?
How can I check availability for a particular date?
Can I place a hold on the space? How long can I hold my preferred date?
In order to place a soft hold on the space, please submit an event request online. Our event manager will get back to you within one business day with an initial quote and we can typically place a two-week complimentary soft hold on the date. Spaces are not confirmed until we have received a signed contract and full payment.
Can I book a space for this week or next week?
For events occurring within the next month, we offer our available pod meeting rooms at 50% off our regular rates. To see our current availability, please check our last-minute booking calendar!
For last-minute bookings, all rooms come with the standard set up and we cannot provide catering. You are welcome to order food + drinks onsite from Gather and bring it into the room.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes! As a nonprofit, we are happy to support fellow nonprofits, startups, and on-mission events with a cost reduction on our site fees. All discounts are considered on a case-by-case basis and we always send clients a full quote to start. Please ask your event manager for more information if you are interested.
My event has unique needs.
Event Logistics + Technology
is Your Space AccesSible?
District Hall is a single story, fully accessible and ADA compliant building with easy access on Boston’s MBTA.
We have two entrances. The Northern Ave. entrance has 3 stairs leading to the front door, as well as a ramp, and the Seaport Boulevard entrance has
What furniture is included in my rental?
Each room rental includes the standard furniture in the space:
Pod Meeting Rooms: Integrated power work tables, rolling chairs, presentation station
Assembly: Stackable chairs
Lounge: Circular café tables, work tables, stationary and rolling chairs, various soft seating
Click here to see more detailed information about each of our event spaces. We are also happy to coordinate external furniture rentals.
What Technology + Supplies are Included in the Space?
Room rental includes:
- Free WiFi
- Projector with HDMI and VGA inputs
- Bose sound system
- Four handheld wireless microphones available to reserve
- IdeaPaint walls + dry erase markers (you can write directly on our walls!)
- Polycom phone (for an additional $25 daily fee)
- Webcam available upon request
What Are the a/V Capabilities of Your Space?
All projectors can be connected via HDMI or VGA inputs. Please bring your own laptop + adaptors (if required). If you have additional A/V needs, such as recording, lavalier mics, uplighting, etc., please bring your own or connect with one of our recommended A/V vendors.
What Supplies should I bring with me?
Please bring your own:
- Laptop or presentation device to connect to our projector
- Chargers for any devices you bring
- Slide advancers
- HMDI/VGA adaptors for your computer, if one is needed
- Flip charts, sticky notes, notebooks, and writing utensils
Please note that painter’s tape must be used when attaching anything to the wall, and we do not permit any type of permanent markers in the space.
I am interested in Booking a multi-Day event? Can I leave the Room as-is overnight?
Yes, if the space is available you are able to leave items in the space overnight for an additional fee.
Is there parking or public transportation nearby?
While District Hall does not have a designated parking lot, there are multiple public options in the area. Here is a list of some of the public parking lots within walking distance. There is also metered street parking along the surrounding roads.
1. Pilgrim Parking Fan PierOne Marina Park Drive
2. LAZ Watermark Seaport Parking85 Seaport Boulevard
3. One Seaport Parking Garage
75 Sleeper Street
4. 101 Seaport Blvd ParkingEntrance located on Autumn Lane
5. Farnsworth Garage17 Farnsworth St.
We are accessible via public transportation. The MBTA Courthouse stop on the Silver Line is the closest to District Hall and South Station is about a 15 minute walk.
District Hall has a number of bike racks available for guest use by the Seaport Boulevard entrance. In addition, the building is located right next to the Seaport Square station on the Hubway bikeshare network.
Do you have a Preferred Caterer?
We have a catering partnership with Briar Events, the catering arm of The Briar Group, who operate our onsite restaurant, Gather. Their food and beverage license covers the building, which means that we can set up food and drink options anywhere in the space!
Do you have any recommended vendors?
Yes! Please consult our recommended vendor list which includes a list of A/V, entertainment, and furniture rental companies as well as local hotels which our clients have used before and have had great experiences with. We can handle all the rental logistics for you if you let us know what you are looking for!
You are also welcome to work with someone on your own not on our list (and if you love them let us know so we can add them!)